The Web Marketing Association is looking for the Best Regional Websites in the world as part of their 27th annual international WebAward Competition for Web site development at www.webaward.org. The WebAwards is the standards-defining competition that sets benchmarks for 86 industries, including Regional websites, based on the seven criteria of a successful web site. The deadline for Regional websites to enter to be judged is May 31, 2023.
“When trying to attract visitors to your region, a website can be a powerful tool for promoting your community, tourism, and economic development” said William Rice, President of the Web Marketing Association. “The WebAward Competition provides a exceptional opportunity for CVBs, digital agencies and organizations that create these regional websites to showcase their creativity, innovation and effectiveness in engaging with their audience and promoting their unique features and offerings.”
Web sites are judged on seven criteria including design, innovation, content, technology, interactivity, copy writing and ease of use. Each WebAward entry in the Regional category is judged against other Regional entries and then against an overall standard of excellence.
All Regional entrants benefit from receiving valuable feedback in terms of their specific scores compared against the average scores for their industry. They also may receive specific comments from the WebAward’s professional judging panel on their Web site development efforts.
Winners of a WebAward in the Regional category will also receive:
- Handsome statue or certificate of achievement
- A limited-edition Commemorative NFT
- Increased visibility for their company
- Marketing opportunity to promote the company website to the media
- Links to your site from the highly ranked WebAward site to help SEO
- A highlight for your resume.
- Admiration of peers, friends and co-workers
- Unlimited bragging rights
Winners of the 2023 WebAward Competition Regional Website will receive a commemorative NFT to recognize their success. The Web Marketing Association WebAward Competition is the first award program to provide its winners a limited-edition Ethereum-based Non-Fungible Token (NFT) to commemorate their award-winning website achievement.
Each year the Web Marketing Association names the Best Regional Website based on the scores submitted by the competition judges.
Past winners of the Best Regional Web site include:
- 2022 – Appnovation for Visit California Dream Theater
- 2021 – Visit California for Visit California – Full Website Redesign
- 2019 – Rubikon Werbeagentur GmbH for Wood Cluster Styria, service point for partners and those interested in the wood cluster
- 2018 – I-SITE and Times Square Alliance for Times Square – The Official Website
- 2017 – Image in a Box for MidCity Huntsville
- 2016 – I-SITE and The Downtown Alliance for New York for Downtown New York Website
- 2015 – Nebo & BBDO for Choose ATL Redesign
- 2014 – Red Sage Communications, Inc. for City of Heflin Industrial Development Board
- 2013 – MICROS eCommerce for Visit Roseville
- 2012 – eSiteful Corporation for Uptown Houston
- 2011 – Blenderbox for The Cleveland Street District, Downtown Clearwater, FL.
- 2010 – Risdall Marketing Group for Visit Eau Claire Meeting Planners Website
- 2009 – Galveston.com & Company for Galveston.com: Official Website of Galveston Island Tourism
- 2008 – Blenderbox for www.billburg.com
- 2007 – digphilly.com for digphilly.com Website
- 2006 – Tech Valley Chamber Coalition for New York’s Tech Valley
- 2005 – Mediapulse, Inc. for Knoxville Tourism and Sports Corporation
- 2004 – Regional Ministry of Tourism – Regional Government of Valencia for Official tourism site of the Land of Valencia
- 2003 – Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau for Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau
Regional Websites can be entered into consideration for the 2023 Best Regional Website WebAward at the WebAward Website.
The 2023 WebAwards are sponsored by the following leading organizations: PR.com, iContact, and eTailConferences. The Web Marketing Association thanks these companies for their commitment to the entire online marketing community.
Please Join the Web Marketing Association on Social Media: LinkedIn Page, LinkedIn Group, Twitter, and Facebook. Like and follow for news and award updates!