The Web Marketing Association is looking for the best radio websites as part of their 27th annual international WebAward Competition for Web site development. The WebAwards is the standards-defining competition that sets benchmarks for 86 industries, including radio web sites, based on the seven criteria of a successful Web site. The deadline for radio web sites to enter to be judged is May 31, 2023.
“”In the radio industry, a website can be a powerful tool for engaging with your listeners, promoting your shows and events, and sharing your station’s personality. The radio and television industries has become to rely on their websites for an important stream of advertising revenue,” said William Rice, President of the Web Marketing Association. “Their websites should provide a resource for their target audience. The WebAward Competition provides a unique opportunity for radio websites to showcase their creativity, innovation and effectiveness in delivering high-quality content and building a loyal audience.” Having that aspect of your broadcast website reviewed is just one benefit of participating in the annual WebAward program. Being able to say you have an award-winning website can’t hurt either”.
Web sites are judged on seven criteria including design, innovation, content, technology, interactivity, copy writing and ease of use. Each WebAward entry in the radio category is judged against other radio entries in its industry category and then against an overall standard of excellence.
Here are the past Best Radio WebAward winners:
- 2019 – NGradio – WebTV for NGradio.gr
- 2018 – Mercury Radio Arts for GlennBeck.com
- 2017 – NGradio.gr – The Best Web Radio in the world with the best radio producers for NGradio.gr
- 2016 – Cranberry Radio for Cranberry Radio Website
- 2015 – NGradio.gr – The Best Web Radio in Europe with the best radio producers for
- 2014 – MogerMedia, Inc. for HomeShow Radio
- 2013 – WebmasterRadio.FM for WebmasterRadio.FM
- 2012 – Southern California Public Radio for 89.3 KPCC
- 2011 – WebmasterRadio.FM for WebmasterRadio.FM
- 2010 – LeapFrog Interactive for This I Believe
- 2009 – CBS RADIO for 923 NOW FM
- 2008 – Digitaria for KCRW Media Player
- 2007 – Avenue A | Razorfish for XMRadio.com
- 2006 – BubbleUp and Jimmy Buffett for Radio Margaritaville
- 2005 – KDFC Radio for Classical 102.1 KDFC
- 2004 – live365 for Live365 Internet Radio
- 2003 – WBCL Radio Network for WBCL Radio Network
All radio entrants benefit from receiving valuable feedback in terms of their specific scores compared against the average scores for their industry. They also may receive specific comments from the WebAward’s professional judging panel on their Web site development efforts.
Radio station’s and others in the radio industry wishing to be considered for the Best Radio Website can submit their website for consideration at WebAward.org.
Winners of a WebAward in the Cooking and Recipe category will also receive:
- Handsome statue or certificate of achievement
- A limited-edition Commemorative NFT
- Increased visibility for their company
- Marketing opportunity to promote the company website to the media
- Links to your site from the highly ranked WebAward site to help SEO
- A highlight for your resume.
- Admiration of peers, friends and co-workers
- Unlimited bragging rights
The 2023 WebAwards are sponsored by the following leading organizations: PR.com, iContact, and eTailConferences. The Web Marketing Association thanks these companies for their commitment to the entire online marketing community.
Please Join the Web Marketing Association on Social Media: LinkedIn Page, LinkedIn Group & Twitter. Like and follow for news and award updates!