The Web Marketing Association is looking for the Best Environmental Websites in the world as part of their 27th annual international WebAward Competition for Web site development at www.webaward.org. The WebAwards is the standards-defining competition that sets benchmarks for 86 industries, including Advocacy, Environmental, LGBTQ and other non-profit websites, based on the seven criteria of a successful web site. The deadline for legal websites to enter to be judged is May 31, 2023.
“In the environmental industry, a website can be a powerful tool for educating the public, promoting sustainability and advocating for environmental protection,” said William Rice, President of the Web Marketing Association. “The WebAward Competition provides a platform for environmental websites to showcase their creativity, innovation and effectiveness in driving positive change for our planet.”
Web sites are judged on seven criteria including design, innovation, content, technology, interactivity, copy writing and ease of use. Each WebAward entry in the Environmental category is judged against other Environmental entries and then against an overall standard of excellence.
All Environmental entrants benefit from receiving valuable feedback in terms of their specific scores compared against the average scores for their industry. They also may receive specific comments from the WebAward’s professional judging panel on their Web site development efforts.
Winners of a WebAward in the Environmental category will also receive:
- Handsome statue or certificate of achievement
- A limited-edition Commemorative NFT
- Increased visibility for their company
- Marketing opportunity to promote the company website to the media
- Links to your site from the highly ranked WebAward site to help SEO
- A highlight for your resume.
- Admiration of peers, friends and co-workers
- Unlimited bragging rights
Each year the Web Marketing Association names the Best Environmental Website based on the scores submitted by the competition judges.
Past winners of the Best Environmental Web site include:
- 2022 – BrandExtract for Milestone Website
- 2021 – Forum One for NRDC 50 Year Anniversary
- 2020 – Kawartha Conservation for kawarthaconservation.com
- 2019 – VERTEX Digital Marketing Team for The Vertex Companies, Inc.
- 2018 – Alexander & Tom, Inc. for World Heritage USA Website
- 2017 – National Parks Conservation Association for NPCA.ORG
- 2016 – re:group inc. for Recycle Ann Arbor website design/dev
- 2015 – Arjowiggins Graphic for Recycled Papers
- 2014 – ISITE Design for Northwest Earth Institute (NWEI) Website
- 2013 – Arnold Worldwide for Reality Drop
- 2012 – McMillan for Canadian WildLife Federation timeline
- 2011 – ARKive for ARKive: Promoting the Conservation of the World’s Threatened Species, Through the Power of Wildlife Imagery
- 2010 – Sabre Hospitality Solutions for See the Bigger Picture – National Geographic
- 2009 – BLITZ Agency for Starbucks Shared Planet Web Site
The 2023 WebAwards are sponsored by the following leading organizations: PR.com, iContact, and eTailConferences. The Web Marketing Association thanks these companies for their commitment to the entire online marketing community.
Environmental Websites can be entered into consideration for the 2023 Best Environmental Website WebAward at the WebAward Website.
Please Join the Web Marketing Association on Social Media: LinkedIn Page, LinkedIn Group & Twitter. Like and follow for news and award updates!