The Web Marketing Association is pleased to announce the call for entries for its 20th annual international WebAward competition. The WebAwards are the standards-defining competition that sets industry benchmarks based on the seven criteria of a successful Web site. It recognizes the individual and team achievements of Web professionals all over the world who create and maintain outstanding Web sites. The deadline for entry for the 2016 WebAwards is May 31, 2016. A complete list of past winners and this year’s entry form can be found at www.webaward.org.
“For 20 years the WebAwards have been something the online marketing community looks forward to each year,” said William Rice, president of the Web Marketing Association. “Our expert judges evaluate the entire interactive experience and reward those sites that are best in their industry. The goal of the WebAwards is to both recognize the people and organizations responsible for developing some of the most effective Web sites on the Internet today and also provide valuable feedback to entrants on how their sites stack up against their peers and their industry’s standards of excellence.”
Websites are judged on seven criteria, including design, innovation, content, technology, interactivity, copy writing and ease of use and receive a numeric score. Each WebAward entry is judged against other entries in its industry category and then against an overall standard of excellence. Entrants also benefit from receiving valuable feedback from the WebAwards professional judging panel on their Web site development efforts.
This year’s top awards will include:
- A “Best of Industry” WebAward will be given in each of the 96 industry categories, including marketing, travel, BtoB, hotel and lodging, biotech, education and politics.
- The competition’s highest honor, the 2016 WebAward “Best of Show,” will be given to the one site that the judges believe represents the pinnacle of outstanding achievement in Web development. Last year’s Best of Show winner was Trailer Park, Inc. for their exceptional work on JurassicWorld.com. The site was also recognized as Best Movie Website.
- The Web Marketing Association will also recognize the interactive agency winning the most awards in the competition with the “Top Interactive Agency” WebAward. For the third time, the Top Agency award was awarded to Extractable taking home a record 31 WebAwards. They also were recognized at the Top Agency in 2014, 2010 and 2009.
- Interactive and advertising agencies that win a 2016 WebAward will automatically be included in the Award Winning Agency Database with a free premium listing.
- Each year, many agencies and some corporations win multiple awards and deserve additional recognition. This year, we will recognize each organization that wins 6 or more WebAwards with an Outstanding Interactive Developer trophy. In 2015, there were 16 agencies recognized with this prestigious award.
Judging for the 2016 WebAwards will take place in June through August and winners will be announced in September. Judges will consist of a select group of Internet professionals who have direct experience designing and managing Web sites,–including members of the media, interactive creative directors, site designers, content providers and webmasters – with an in-depth understanding of the current state-of-the-art in Web site development and technology. Past judges have included top executives from leading organizations such as Universal McCann, SapientNitro, T Rowe Price, Bridge Worldwide, Disney, Euro RSCG, Boeing, Huge, ING Direct, VML, Facebook, J. Walter Thompson, Gartner, Possible Worldwide, YUM!, Cuker Interactive, PayPal, Razorfish, Munich Re, Refinery, Ernst & Young, Magellan Health Service, R/GA, Family Cookbook Project, Saatchi & Saatchi, SAP, Starwood Hotel, and Website Magazine.
Check out our Web Marketing Association Facebook Page and be sure to like us as we will be providing hints and tips on how to improve your chances on winning a top award though out the award program entry period.
The 2016 WebAwards are sponsored by the following leading organizations: EContent Magazine, VerticalResponse, PR.com, ad:tech conferences, Webmaster Radio, and Website Magazine. The Web Marketing Association thanks these companies for their commitment to the entire online marketing community.
To enter the 20th annual WebAward Competition for Website Development, please visit our website and create a nominator account.
Finding an “award winning” interactive agency has just gotten easier. The Web Marketing Association has just launched a new website that has brought together top advertising agencies and top interactive agencies who have won recognition in major award programs. This new searchable database of award winning interactive agencies is found at www.AwardWinningInteractiveAgencies.com.